- 1.3kg Lean Whole Lamb Leg Joint
- Salt and freshly milled Black Pepper
- 2 Fresh Rosemary Sprigs
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves, peeled and cut into silvers
- 3 Red Onions, peeled and cut into small wedges
- 2tbsp Olive Oil
- 150ml White Wine
- 900g Red Potatoes, skin on and cut into wedges
- 2tbsp Runny Honey
- Grated Zest and Juice of 1 Lime
- FOR THE GRAVY:
- 1tbsp Plain Flour
- 600ml Hot Stock
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
- Place the lamb on a chopping board and make several slits all over the joint. Season. Divide the rosemary into smaller sprigs and use to stuff the joint with the garlic.
- Put the onions in a large non-stick roasting tin and place the joint on top of the onions, arrange the potatoes around the joint and toss in the olive oil and white wine. Open roast for the preferred calculated cooking time, basting occasionally with any meat juices, tossing the potatoes if necessary.
- In a small bowl mix together the honey, lime zest and juice, gently mash and set aside.
- One hour before the end of the cooking time smear the honey mixture over the joint and return to the oven. Cover the joint with foil during cooking if browning too quickly.
- Remove the joint and vegetables from the oven, transfer to a warmed plate, wrap loosely in foil and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
Medium 25 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 25 minutes, Well Done 30 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 30 minutes