T Bone Steak with Bearnaise Sauce
1) To make the Sauce Béarnaise, put the tarragon vinegar, white wine, white peppercorns and shallots together in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil and reduce to approximately 1 tbsp of liquid. Strain the liquid in to a clean glass mixing bowl with the egg yolks.
2) Over a pan of simmering water that the glass mixing bowl will sit on top of so that it does not touch the water, whish the eggs in a figure of eight movement until they start to thicken and are light in colour.
3) Very slowly drizzle the melted clarified butter into the eggs, whisking constantly until completely emulsified. If the mixture gets to thick add a tbsp of the water from the of the simmering pan to stabilize.
4) Remove from the heat and add the tarragon leaves, lemon juice and cayenne pepper and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside
5) For the T-bone steak, heat a large frying pan. Season the steaks with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and brush with rapeseed oil. Carefully lay the steaks in the hot frying pan and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, depending on how you like your steak cooked. Set aside to rest and relax for 5-7 minutes.
6) To ensure your steak is hot when served, pop it back under a warm grill for about 30 seconds on each side.
7) Serve with the Sauce Béarnaise, Portobello mushroom, tomatoes, crispy fried shallots and big, fat chunky chips.