Roast Chicken Leg, Baked with Cider, Mushrooms and Mustard (Serves 4)
1. Pre heat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/ gas mark 6. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large thick based frying pan over a medium-high heat, season the chicken and cook skin-side down for 5 minutes until just turning golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Fry the mushrooms with a good pinch of freshly ground black pepper until golden – this will take about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside with the chicken.
3. Finally add the remaining oil and fry the onions for 5 minutes before stirring in the cider and mustard, stir together and cook for a further few minutes before transferring to an oven proof dish.
4. Place the mushrooms and then the chicken, skin side up, on top of this mix and bake for around 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is tender and the juices run clear.
5. Once cooked remove the chicken from the dish and set aside, add the cream and parsley to the sauce and mix through. Season to taste.
Serve with Weetons Chef to Go Rosti Potatoes and wilted spinach