Asparagus, Garden Pea and New Potato Fritatta (Servers 4-6)
1. Pre heat the oven to 170°/ 150°C Fan/ Gas 4.
2. To prep the asparagus, snap the bottom woody part of the stalk off and discard. Trim the stalks so that they are all the same length.
3. Mix together the eggs and milk lightly with a whisk.
4. In a thick based 24cm wide non-stick frying pan or skillet (NB, it must have a heat resistant or metal handle), lightly sauté the onions and garlic over a medium heat for a few minutes until translucent but not coloured.
5. Add the potatoes, thyme leaves and a good season of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Now add the peas and spring onions and mix together with the potatoes and onions. Evenly spread this mix across the base of the pan and then add the egg mix.
7. Gently shake the pan so as to help the egg mix get amongst all the mixture in the pan.
8. Cook for a couple of minutes on the stove top and carefully lay the asparagus on top like spokes on a bicycle.
9. Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes until firm in the middle.
10. Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes to settle and loosen from the pan.
11. Gently run a spatula around the edge of the pan between the frittata and the pan.
12. Place a plate bigger than the pan over the top of the pan and turn the frittata out. Repeat this process with another plate on the bottom of the frittata to turn the right way up.
13. Serve with a rocket, tomato and red onion salad